Wednesday, June 13, 2012

What's Your Beaute Regimen Series: Alena Smith from fishsmith3

I am continuing with my guest blogs with their morning regimen. I want to introduce to you, my beaute muse.  Alena Smith has been my bestie since childhood.  She was always a natural beaute and for years I have been chasing her around with a lipstick tube.  It was a little ironic to ask her for her beaute regimen because I didn't know she had one, LOL.  She wakes up gorgeous.  So we get to see how she continues to keep a fresh look with these simple steps!  


Hi!  Alena checking in from fishsmith3.com to give you the scoop on my morning regimen.  When it comes to my face, my “Go Green” philosophy, is more like “Choose Your Chemicals Wisely”. 


Raised a tomboy, I never wore makeup till I was in college.  Never took it seriously till I was pregnant and the infamous "pregnancy mask" took over my face.  {google it}  This will explain why most of my facial regimen is based around the prevention and maintenance of hyperpigmentation. 


6:15 a.m. + groggy

My feet hit the floor and I make my way to a trusty cup of coffee.  Again and again, my attempts to quit this addiction have failed.  Therefore, my love affair with Joe continues.


6:20 a.m. + awakening

Everyday begins with Cardinal Rule #1 - Wash Your Face!!  After I wash using my Clarisonic Pro {don't know how I lived without this}, three day a week I do an Ageless mask {by Image}.  The mask is the most time consuming step and I space it out on mornings I intend to sit home, reading or blogging for 20 to 30 minutes.  {When I know I don't have time, I just do it at night.}


Don't be overwhelmed by the picture below.  It doesn't take as long as it looks. After rinsing the mask and brushing my teeth.  I use witch hazel for my toner to remove any leftover residue.  Then onto my serums.  The first one if Vitamin C, to help prevent damage from free radicals and premature aging {Obagi C-serum} and then my eye serum {Skinseuticals}.  After I get dressed, I use my Obagi Clear which is also for discoloration correction.  Next, I apply Obagi Exfoderm to encourage exfoliation.  Lastly and most importantly SUNSCREEN!!!  I use Neutrogena Facial 70+ SPF.  I am a crazed lunatic about covering my face.  When I'm outside, 95% of time you will see me wearing a hat {even thought I have sunscreen on}.  Melasma gets darker and can get larger with sun exposure.  I've worked so hard to remove the discoloration that I will not risk its return. 

Play by Play {order}
6:45 a.m. + alert

Yes, all my makeup fits in that one itty bitty bag.  As you will see in the next picture, my "maintenance" bag is 4 times the size of my make-up bag.  Sad I know!!  {Elisha laughs every time she sees it.}  Never have and never will, be a guru for makeup.  Therefore, I do the bare necessities.  I have ultra sensitive skin and the only thing I have found that doesn't cause a reaction is gloMinerals.

Ives Saint Laurent Mascara {middle} Makeup Bags by Stephanie Johnson {right}

6:50 + yelling at kids


The "a la naturelle" look also applies to my hair.  Every couple nights, I wash my hair with Shu Uemura Argan Oil Shampoo.  Blow drying hair causes me stress therefore, I run a quick comb through my hair before bed and leave the rest for the morning.  I have {stick} straight blonde hair therefore, Bumble and Bumble Hair Powder is my new BFF.  {Thanks to Elisha!}  It's ahhhmazing!!  Shake, spray and "Hello Volume!!"  I add a couple drops of Shu Uemura Nourishing Oil to add some shine to the blonde.  Some lotion to my body, a quick spray of my favorite perfume {Wish by LoLLia}, a cute headband {or hat if I am hitting the gym} and out the door I go!!




7:00 a.m. + out the door


My fitness frenzy keeps me in gym clothes.  Therefore, you will find me during the day sporting Lululemon and a pony.  However, don't think I'm not rocking every accessory from headband and necklace down to the arm party.  Even if you don't know what your doing, look good doing it!! Hope you enjoyed my morning regimen as much as I enjoyed sharing it!  For more witty posts and addictive charm by me, check out my blog {and giveaways}!



xoxo-

No comments:

Post a Comment